This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DO NOT INSTALL 9.703-2!!!

DO NOT INSTALL 9.703-2!!!

My lab system was Up2Dated to 9.703-2 Thursday evening at 10PM CDT (UTC -0500) and all connection with the outside world immediately stopped.  My local connection would work normally a few minutes at a time and then everything would lock up for a few minutes.  I could not identify the problem with top, but did see a lot of zombie confd processes.  I lost the entire day of Friday because my wife has a big project due next week and was working via Microsoft Teams all day with her colleagues.

I will suggest to Sophos that the file be removed from the ftp site. Grumble.

Cheers - Bob

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Looks like its been pulled from the SG230 and Sg310's, one of my SG210s did keep t his installed so might have missed the pull window....seems to be OK though.

• Sophos has pulled this update, due to critical issues, do not install for now:

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/135383

----

Best regards Martin ;-)

Sophos UTM Certified Engineer v9.7
    Sophos  XG  Certified Architect v18.5
    Homelab: 1 x XGS2100 SFOS v18.5  - 3xAPX530 - 1 x SG210 v9.7 - 1 x UTM 220 v9.7 - 1 x SG135 v9.7 (All Fullguard Plus licenses)

• and the moral of the story?

Do not install any update until someone else has a critical issue, then Sophos will investigate further, pull the update and get the patch properly programmed, then release it again.

and to be really cynical, really fix the problem six months later!

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• What about the brave/unlucky/dumb people who have been installing that 9.703 update manually? Do they receive that particular pattern update as well?

Mit freundlichem Gruß, Regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Reformat with 9.702 iso and restore backup file :-/

----

Best regards Martin ;-)

Sophos UTM Certified Engineer v9.7
    Sophos  XG  Certified Architect v18.5
    Homelab: 1 x XGS2100 SFOS v18.5  - 3xAPX530 - 1 x SG210 v9.7 - 1 x UTM 220 v9.7 - 1 x SG135 v9.7 (All Fullguard Plus licenses)

• OK - lesson learned.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, Regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• It seams Sophos Ltd hires to much M$ Developers

Reply Children
No Data