This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM WAN connection to broadband PPPOe help

My ISP is SKY Broadband in the UK - The largest broadband supplier in the UK (6 Million users)

The setup they use is fairly standard except for 1 thing; they authenticate using something called DHCP option 61 - Client identifier.
Many routers support this out of the box, for others there is a way to add a custom script to the router.

My current router has a custom scripts page, under "Run after initialising" I add the following script:

#!/bin/sh

/sbin/udhcpc -i eth2.2 -x 0x3d:3777890865644535346633326769999964736c7a78394b6f6e4498796d498765366d95
### Custom user script
### Called after router started and network is ready

With this in place everything is fine. (the long code is my username and password in hex but anything will work in the correct format)
With DDWRT you simply click edit on the WAN connection, make sure it's set to DHCP client and under the advanced section, enter the script into the client id and vendor id fields as appropriate.

The question is, how can this be achieved with Sophos UTM 9?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If this isn't just specifying username and password in a PPPoE Interface definition, Kieran, please share Sophos Support's response to this question.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • If this isn't just specifying username and password in a PPPoE Interface definition, Kieran, please share Sophos Support's response to this question.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children