Disclaimer: This information is provided as-is for the benefit of the Community. Please contact Sophos Professional Services if you require assistance with your specific environment.
If the Sophos Mobile bootstrap installation issues appear, getting a log file of the affected device might be necessary. This article provides the steps to get this log file from iOS 11 and later versions.
Product and Environment
- Sophos Mobile in Central
- Sophos Mobile 9.7
Getting iOS logs for Mac
Using Apple Configurator 2
- Download and install Apple Configurator 2 on a Mac and note that 60 MB of free hard disk space is required.
- Attach the iOS device to the Mac.
- Start Apple Configurator 2.
- Double-click on the device attached to the Mac, in All Devices view.
- Click Console on the left-hand menu bar and view the live log.
- Reproduce the issue and click Save.
- Download and install Xcode on a Mac and note that 5 GB of free hard disk space is required.
- Attach the iOS to the Mac and trust the device.
- Start Xcode.
- Select Window and click Devices.
- Select the concerned device.
- Click the upward-pointing arrow in the lower-left corner to the right part of the window and view the log.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Click the icon next to the recycle bin in the lower-right corner to save the device log.
Note: An iOS device log file can only be produced on a Mac.
- Sophos Mobile on premise: Enrollment methods
- Sophos Mobile on premise: Get app logs
- Sophos Mobile: Enrollment methods
- Sophos Mobile: Get app logs
Sign up for the Sophos Support Notification Service to receive proactive SMS alerts for Sophos products and Sophos Central services.
[edited by: GlennSen at 8:42 AM (GMT -7) on 5 Apr 2023]