To successfully update to Sophos Mobile 9.6 perform the following steps:
Note: Updating to Sophos Mobile 9.6 can be done from version 9.0 or 9.5.
- Log in to MySophos.
- Download the Sophos Mobile 9.6 setup and copy it to the machine where Sophos Mobile 9.0 or higher is installed.
- Run the setup with an administrative user.
Note: During the update process, the Sophos Mobile Service must be stopped. You will be asked to stop the service by the Sophos Mobile 9.6 setup.
While the service is stopped, users connected to the Sophos Mobile EAS Proxy might not receive emails.
- Follow the steps shown in the setup.
- The setup will update the database and files automatically.
- Once the update is finished, complete the setup.
- The Sophos Mobile service will be started again
After following these steps, the Sophos Mobile service should be successfully updated.
Please note: When logging in the first time to the Sophos Mobile admin console icons and website entries might be displayed incorrectly. Clearing the browser cache resolves these issues.
Find out what's new in Sophos Mobile v9.6 here.