Sophos Email customers using IP-based mailflow rule connectors must migrate to certificate-based configuration by March 31st. To see if you're affected Click Here.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

For those coming from Reflexion, how have you handled the following?

I am wanting to know how prior users handled the migration to Sophos when they had to deal with hundreds/thousands of  "address on the fly" (AOTF) addresses and no more smarthost send connectors to port 587.

1) The AOTF addresses can be imported but with no quick and easy method to add aliases, how are users handling this?  When you adopted AOTF as a method of account protection, where every company you deal with has their unique alias, so if they get hacked, that email/account is no good anywhere else, no more AOTF is a very significant loss and headache.  I personally have over 1500 aliases and REALLY don't want to give my root address out as a sign on..  This means I have to enter my account, my pw, my 2FA, drill into my account for email, drill into the mailbox, drill into the aliases, then add the new alias.  This is a HUGE amount of work compared to what we used to have at Reflexion.  

How have you and your clients handled this change?  Are there any faster methods than what I described to create aliases with Sophos?

2) How are you handling port 25 being blocked by ISPs for clients that have home offices and host their own mail server?  Sophos doesn't support 587 or 465; only 25.  I've asked and they won't do a firewall redirect/forwarding of 587 to 25.  I'm starting to look at hosted VPN as a possible solution but not sure if this is the best solution.




This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Please test and let me know if it is working for you. I can see port 587 open in my region US-West so it is likely open now globally.

  • I can confirm that I am connecting on 587, now.  I can also send email successfully. 

    My only remaining issue is sporatic email receiption such at that  "some" domains have always been able to deliver while "other" domains cannot.  I have a different case (06212872) open about this with a mention of the number of aliases (over 1,500) in use.  Perhaps an export/import error (non-printable character kind of thing) causing issue.  But to combat this thought, the amount of mail I usually get doesn't show in the dashboard logs for disposition.  MX record propagation would have long completed by now.

    I'm estatic about 587 working, though!!!