This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.1

Hello all,

seems that SEC 5.5.1 is in the works already (though naturally I can't say when exactly later this year will be).

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello all,

thought the upgrade (from 5.5.0) would be simple enough to do it even on a Friday (it's was shortly before 10am so it didn't fall under the no changes on Friday afternoon rule).
    Second time in a row it failed miserably (but only on one of the servers) [:)]. This time with a 1923 for the Management Service - can't say (and didn't care) why, perhaps a missing restart (real programmers don't follow the advice of some piece of software, do they?). After the restart and a second attempt it failed immediately - Database 5.5.1, Console 5.5.0, Server not installed. Similar fix as last time (uninstall Console), install completed. Then - Management Service failed to start due to failed database upgrade. Manual upgrade - bingo!
    Done with both servers and the remote consoles - still some time before noon.

Christian

• Sweaaaaaaat !!! :) Like you said, It's Friday morning :)

As usual ...

• Registery keys:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\Multi-Protocol Unified Hello]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\Multi-Protocol Unified Hello\Client]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000
    "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\Multi-Protocol Unified Hello\Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\PCT 1.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\PCT 1.0\Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\PCT 1.0\Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 2.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 2.0\Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 2.0\Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 3.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 3.0\Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 3.0\Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.0\Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.0\Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1\Client]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.1\Server]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client]
    "Enabled"=dword:ffffffff
    "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server]
    "Enabled"=dword:ffffffff
    "DisabledByDefault"=dword:00000000

• I assume you have seen the KBA's for the individual checks, for example:

You don't have sufficient database rights
    https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124245

• Thanks.  I seen that.  I am concentrating on the TLS issue first since solving it may also solve other issues ...

But for now, in that KB they write :

1. Launch a Command Prompt as the user who has the sysadmin Server Role

2. Type the following and press return:

sqlcmd -E -S .\sophos

Note: This uses the default sophos instance on the local server. To confirm the instance you require see article 113030.

3. At the prompt type the following to determine if the affected user has a Login, pressing Enter after each line:

SELECT loginname FROM syslogins
      go

4. Confirm whether the affected user is listed in the output

5. If the user is listed go to step 7

6. If the user is not listed type the following to add the user to the Logins, pressing Enter after each line:

Well.  Nothing, but absolutely nothing in there works.

I indeed have the registry key with (local)\SOPHOS registry key. (And not ".\SOPHOS key")

sqlcmd -E -S .\sophos do not work

sqlcmd -E -S (local)\sophos do not work

Whatever the case, SELECT loginname FROM syslogins will not work either.  "syslogins" being wrong. Error near"-E"

Another Sophos time sucker nightmare ...

• Presence of .\sophos is proven here ...

• So from the connections string it seems you're using the default SOPHOS named instance on the local computer.

Are you saying that, in a command prompt:

sqlcmd -E -S .\SOPHOS

does not connect and you get an error?

What about:

sqlcmd -E -S hostname\SOPHOS

Where you are changing "hostname" to the name of the computer.

I assume that the Windows service that backs the SQL instance is running?

Regards,

Jak

• Hello. 

First, domain admin account is really SA.

Second, I tried the installer "As Administrator"

Third, I did not tried with the server name, but I have tried with

(local)\sophos
    .\sophos
    localhost\sophos
    127.0.0.1\sophos

• Any clue ? I posted a case two weeks ago now, and the only thing Sophos support have done so far is to send me the link for the instructions ... It is not because they did not have instructions on hand to guess easily I have been through those steps already ...

• Any clue ? I posted a case two weeks ago now, and the only thing Sophos support have done so far is to send me the link for the instructions ... It is not because they did not have instructions on hand to guess easily I have been through those steps already ...

Children
No Data