This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC 5.5.0 - upgrade

Hello all,

less than a month after upgrading to 5.4.1 I have upgraded to 5.5.0 (database local). You'd need this version for Server 2016 support and/or if you intend to license (or try) the Exploit Prevention ("on-premise Intercept-X", Endpoint Exploit Prevention enables anti-exploit, CryptoGuard and Clean technology) add-on, both coming with Endpoint 10.7.2.

Depending on your upgrade path (i.e. the version of SEC you upgrade from) you might encounter some minor obstacles.
Encryption has to be removed (guess this applies to all versions 5.4+)
The bootstrapper checks for Endpoints with old RMS - as RMS is new enough on all Recommended versions this precheck should only fail if you have "dead" endpoints. Whether you could run into the 1603 error for the server installer and subsequently when re-running setup the fatal error Enterprise Console installer has detected different versions of the components installed I can't say. In case you did make sure that you have added back the database component as described in the article - otherwise you'll encounter a somewhat misleading error.

You'll notice the new Exploit Prevention policy, trying to edit it opens Sophos Enterprise Console - Sophos Exploit prevention licensing. The link to the promised Full license guide has so far not yet returned a document though.

The AV policy Exclusions permit and correctly handle environment variables and enhanced exclusions. Otherwise I've noticed no apparent changes.

EnterpriseConsole.exe has reverted to allow only one instance running (multiple instances were an arcane, undocumented, and anyway unsupported feature). Thus you no longer can manage two or more servers from one workstation at the same time.
FWIW the EncryptionFEService is still there.

Christian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.