This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CPU Usage with Lockdown Enabled

Does anyone else seem to experience an issue with the CPU usage on some virtual servers being rather high when lockdown is enabled? I am experiencing this on a few servers, some running 2012 R2, others running 2016 datacenter. I check the logs, and nothing is getting blocked by lockdown, so I am not understanding why the CPU would be getting tied up? In fact, om one server, I had to turn of lockdown since it would spike the CPU to near 100% constantly and not allow daily reports to generate. Any thoughts?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • From my experience on certain servers it absolutely hammers the performance. Domain controllers become very very slow (So do user logins) after a few days and rebooting gets them back to normal again for a limited amount of time.

It's not a RAM or CPU issue, it's something else.. Almost seems like a memory leak.

Other servers that don't seem to like lock-down very much are file servers and servers hosting SQL databases.

• From my experience on certain servers it absolutely hammers the performance. Domain controllers become very very slow (So do user logins) after a few days and rebooting gets them back to normal again for a limited amount of time.

It's not a RAM or CPU issue, it's something else.. Almost seems like a memory leak.

Other servers that don't seem to like lock-down very much are file servers and servers hosting SQL databases.

Children
No Data