This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to trigger a new endpoint installation?

First my setup and migration plan.

i have two servers. An old one 2008R2 and a new 2019 to which i want to migrate. Both servers running fine, have same identity and so on.

The RMS is still configured to point to the new server on the old one 2008R2. I only need to start a new "setup call" , so the clients move automatically to the new server.

I don't want to use a domain-admin account to reinstall manually from the console.

The automatic setup for "clean" clients is done by an client computer startup script set via GPO. Works perfect.

I'am waiting for 2 months now, for a new Sophos client release newer than 10.8.11. This would result in a smooth automatic migration. But this does not happen! So i need an other method to trigger a (onetime) Client setup. This should run automatically.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello mzg,

The RMS is still configured to point to the new server on the old one 2008R2
    how did you configure it? RMS reinitialization isn't triggered by a version change. A changed mrinit.conf in the root of the CID won't be considered by existing endpoints. OTOH endpoints will pick up changes in the \rms subfolder with the next update check.

Christian

• Hello mzg,

The RMS is still configured to point to the new server on the old one 2008R2
    how did you configure it? RMS reinitialization isn't triggered by a version change. A changed mrinit.conf in the root of the CID won't be considered by existing endpoints. OTOH endpoints will pick up changes in the \rms subfolder with the next update check.

Christian

Children