This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Endpoints looking to update from a missing folder

Hi, i have a few endpoints that are failing to update, i have reinstalled the endpoint software on the clients but they are faling whilst trying to update.

Looking at the update logs they are trying to pull updates from a share that doesnt exist, they are pointing to the share 

\\Server\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S006\SAVSCFXP does exist and its live, however the share \\Server\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S006\OPMHMPA does not exist hence the failure.

I do have a share  \\Server\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\OPMHMPA but its not een updated since 2017!

Any help apprecited.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching us. Since you've mentioned that you reinstall the endpoint, can you confirm if the package you use to install came from the active bootstrap location " \\Server\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S006\SAVSCFXP"? If not? Then this is expected. Ensure that the package you use to install came from the active bootstrap location for the endpoint to get the update on this bootstraps warehouse. 

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi i can confirm the reinstallation was done from the active location..

Its probably also worth mentioning, the AV element appears to update from the correct warehouse. It seems to be a problem, specifically with the Sophos Network threat protection and Sophos Clean elements.