This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to write the updates to the destination

I am trying to migrate Sophos enterprise Console 5.5.2 from a 2012 server to a 2019 server.

The trouble I have is when I run the update manager for the first time it runs for a while but ends with the following error. "Unable to write the updates to the following destination" 

The share with all its permissions are set as they should be

I added the SumLog

SUMLog20201102T000405.log

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Vince Osborne,

the SUMLog is for viewing with the Logviewer, furthermore it provides only consolidated messages. As far as I can say it complains that it  Couldn't create directory C:/ProgramData/Sophos. The SUMTrace log should have some detail - at least an error code.
    Apparently several folders have been created under \Update Manager\ so I wonder what the failure is and what's causing it.

Christian

• Hello Vince Osborne,

the SUMLog is for viewing with the Logviewer, furthermore it provides only consolidated messages. As far as I can say it complains that it  Couldn't create directory C:/ProgramData/Sophos. The SUMTrace log should have some detail - at least an error code.
    Apparently several folders have been created under \Update Manager\ so I wonder what the failure is and what's causing it.

Christian

Children
No Data