This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Enterprise Console not open with out showing any problem

Hi,

I have a problem after upgrading our Sophos Management Console to 5.5.2. 

Our database Server already upgraded to 552. 

I found an error on the IdentityService.logs

2020-09-30 17:05:39,066 [89] [(null)] WARN {SophosManagementSecurity.LogWarning} ==> The SEC permissions cannot be retrieved for the user : Domain\sophosmanagement
2020-09-30 17:05:39,066 [89] [(null)] WARN {SophosManagementSecurity.LogWarning} ==> Cannot communicate with management service [Reason = System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
at ManagementServiceLib.CoreServicesClass.getSubEstates(String username)
at Sophos.Management.Security.RoleBaseAdministrationAdaptor.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<FetchAndVerifyUserSubEstate>b__0()
at Sophos.Management.Security.RoleBaseAdministrationAdaptor.InvokeManagementServiceOperation[T](Func`1 func, String machineUserName, Int32 numberOfRetries)], it might have been restarted, hence re-creating management service.
2020-09-30 17:05:39,066 [89] [(null)] WARN {SophosManagementSecurity.LogWarning} ==> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
at ManagementServiceLib.CoreServicesClass.getSubEstates(String username)
at Sophos.Management.Security.RoleBaseAdministrationAdaptor.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<FetchAndVerifyUserSubEstate>b__0()
at Sophos.Management.Security.RoleBaseAdministrationAdaptor.InvokeManagementServiceOperation[T](Func`1 func, String machineUserName, Int32 numberOfRetries)
2020-09-30 17:05:39,066 [89] [(null)] INFO {SophosManagementSecurity.LogInformation} ==> Retrying the management service function for 1 time/times

Teddy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Teddy,

you get this error when the Sophos Management Service is not running, please check this. Normally an attempt is made to start the service if it is stopped and this error is logged. There's just a few seconds delay that you don't really notice.
    It seems the start of the Management Service fails. A common reason is that the database upgrade (not the upgrade of the database component but transfer of the database contents) fails. Like other errors during service startup this should get logged in the Windows Event log.

Christian   

• Hi Christian,

I already restarted the management service of sophos but nothing happens. I look also in the event logs but no error related to sophos console.

Thanks,

Teddy

• Hello Teddy,

so the Management Service is running?
    Can't say why the Console is unable to talk to the Management Service. You should open a ticket with Support.

Christian

Reply Children