This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SEC startup fail and Services won't start - just status "starting"

Hey guys,

my SEC won't start anymore. Errormessage:

Sophos.UIController.Extension.UIControllerException: Cannot retrieve session token after 8 retries. Please check that the Sophos Management Host service is running, otherwise see KBA 118513.
   at Sophos.UIController.IdentityServiceAbstracter.EndRetrieveSessionToken()
   at Sophos.UIController.UIControl.InitializeModulesDependencies()
   at Sophos.UIController.UIControl.<Initialize>b__b()
   at Sophos.UIController.Product.Logging.LogMethod(MemberInfo method, Action func)
   at Sophos.UIController.UIControl.Initialize()

----- [outer exception] -----
   -- error: 0x80004005 (Unspecified error)
   -- facility: Generic (System)
   -- source:   Sophos.UIController

at class ATL::CComBSTR __thiscall UIControl::initialize(class ATL::CComPtr<struct IDispatch>)
   at class ATL::CComPtr<struct IDispatch> __thiscall bl::CReusingManagementServiceClientBroker::logIn(const struct util::UserName &,class Loki::SmartPtr<class bl::SubEstate,class Loki::RefCountedMTAdj<class Loki::ClassLevelLockable>::RefCountedMT,struct Loki::DisallowConversion,struct util::NoDereferenceNull,class Loki::DefaultSPStorage>,const wchar_t *,class bl::UIControllerBase &)
   at int __cdecl Run(int,class bl::CommandLine,enum bl::ConsoleType::Type)
   at int __stdcall wWinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,wchar_t *,int)

I read a few article about this error but mostly the problem is, that the Sophos Management Host Service didn't start. In my case it did - BUT I detected the services

Sophos Patch Endpoint Communicator

Sophos Patch EndpointOrchestrator

Sophos Patch Server Communicator

won't start. They are just pending in "starting", without getting to "started".

Is there maybe a connection between the Error of SEC and the services not starting?

And what can I do to get these services running again?

greetings Marshallyx

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Marshallyx,

my SEC is "just" the console - the management service (without Host) is running, isn't it? the console doesn't open when there's a communication error with one of the components that use the Management Host Service (Patch, Web Control). I vaguely remember issues that involved starting ...  SOPHOSPATCH52 database, service logs, Windows Events, ... I'm afraid no better ideas before tomorrow as it's already late here.

Christian

• Hello Marshallyx,,

I knew I have seen it.
    You didn't tell whether these services failed to start more or less out of the blue or "something" has been changed before they started to act up. The thread I was thinking of is about a past-migration issue. Maybe it helps.

Christian

Reply Children
No Data