This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mac Sophos AV client autoupdate not configured

Hi guys,

We have recently started using Sophos AV Central Endpoint. It has been working fine so far, but I got an issue with that at the moment.

I noticed that when a MacBook has Sophos installed and is re-imaged, Sophos installs again but it doesn't update. It shows "Autoupdate not configured". After looking on the logs and trying to re-install the client again, I couldn't find a solution.

I found two solutions to that problem:

1. Deleted the computer from the Sophos Central and installed the client again; or
  2. Remove the tamper protection from the Sophos Central.

As I mentioned, both solutions above work, however, after re-imaging the computer, the same error occurs. I work at a school with about 1300 MacBooks and we have to re-image a few computers every day from our loan pool and then this error occurs again.

I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong or if that's the way the system works. We can't afford spending time to delete computers from the list and losing the history of that computer every time we re-image it.

Thanks in advance,

Luis

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Christian,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm not imaging computers with Sophos AV client installed I'm using JAMF Casper to deploy the package, but following the logic from the article, after Sophos is installed on the computer I  can force the service to restart and then it does work.

Thank you very much, once again, for your prompt reply and help.

Thanks,

Luis

• Morning!

We have been having the same issue with our Apple computers and nothing has resolved the issue. We have followed all instructions and ran both commands to no avail. We have now not included Sophos Endpoint within our Casper image, instead, we have added it to our post image workflow with a better success rate.

Thanks,

Liam.