This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Endpoint Protection silent install

Hello,

is there any option to install the standalone Endpoint Protection silent?

:44243

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello yans,

this seems like a misunderstanding. SVIT asked about the standalone installer - you wouldn't use this for managed clients as it does not contain the required software (RMS).

If i wants to install from GUI, Do we need access to the respective endpoints

Well, naturally. A GUI is an Interface, with the User on one end and the (Graphical) installer - which runs solely on the endpoint - on the other. So, clearly if you want to use the GUI you have to access log on to the endpoint. What you'd run is not a separate  package though, all required parts are in the CID the endpoints later update from

Can we install Package at a time to many machines..? Is there any limitation

From the above it's obvious - the limitation is rather not technical (as the installers are independent - it's not a distributed installer working on the endpoint and presenting its interface on the client, and Protect computers also only creates and starts a endpoint-local command line task) but how many interactive sessions you can handle at a time :smileyhappy:.

Personally I'd rather trust a proven non-interactive and silent command line than repeated typing of the parameters (whether CL or GUI). If your concern is the outcome - i.e. noticing potential failures - then be assured that the GUI won't give you significantly more insight other than telling you that the install has failed (basically it will just reflect the return value from setup.exe). 

Feel free to ask if  you have more questions

Christian

:44335
  • Hello yans,

this seems like a misunderstanding. SVIT asked about the standalone installer - you wouldn't use this for managed clients as it does not contain the required software (RMS).

If i wants to install from GUI, Do we need access to the respective endpoints

Well, naturally. A GUI is an Interface, with the User on one end and the (Graphical) installer - which runs solely on the endpoint - on the other. So, clearly if you want to use the GUI you have to access log on to the endpoint. What you'd run is not a separate  package though, all required parts are in the CID the endpoints later update from

Can we install Package at a time to many machines..? Is there any limitation

From the above it's obvious - the limitation is rather not technical (as the installers are independent - it's not a distributed installer working on the endpoint and presenting its interface on the client, and Protect computers also only creates and starts a endpoint-local command line task) but how many interactive sessions you can handle at a time :smileyhappy:.

Personally I'd rather trust a proven non-interactive and silent command line than repeated typing of the parameters (whether CL or GUI). If your concern is the outcome - i.e. noticing potential failures - then be assured that the GUI won't give you significantly more insight other than telling you that the install has failed (basically it will just reflect the return value from setup.exe). 

Feel free to ask if  you have more questions

Christian

:44335
Children
No Data