This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Update Via Command Line/Script

Hello,

I have searched both the web and these forums for a way to kick off a manual update for Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 9.5 via a script or the command line.  I can right click on the Sophos tray icon and choose 'Update now' just fine, but need a script or command line to be able to manually force an update on a machine remotely.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

:12573

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I know this is an older thread, but this fall inline with what I am trying to accomplish.

I recently updated to the latest version of Sophos (SEC ver: 5.0.0.8 , AntiVirus ver: 10)

In the past, systems have updated, requested restart, and when the users shutdown their PC's at night normally the next morning most requests to restart the computer are cleared.

This time around though I have a higher volume of machines that didn't clear this message. 

What I would like to do is to automate the process of clearing this message. I found this KB that explains the process of resolving this issue. I was wondering though, is this the correct course of action? 

On most of the machines I have confirmed that they absolutely have been shutdown and restarted since the inital update of the software, but the message requesting a restart still remains. So would using this method be the correct course of action? Or should I be digging more to investigate why these weren't cleared?

Back to the automation part, this is a great little piece of code that I would like to use in conjunction with the KB listed above. I would like to write a VB script (still learning VB so it might take me a while, but that is part of the fun) that will create the reg key with a value of 1, run an update, edit the reg key and give it value of 0, and then run the update again.

Does this sound like a good, or bad idea? My primary goal here is to try and limit the disruption to the users machines and make the process as easy as possible on myself. Using a small script, I think I could accomplish this.

Anyway, thank you for this post it has been helpful!

:20905
  • Hi,

I know this is an older thread, but this fall inline with what I am trying to accomplish.

I recently updated to the latest version of Sophos (SEC ver: 5.0.0.8 , AntiVirus ver: 10)

In the past, systems have updated, requested restart, and when the users shutdown their PC's at night normally the next morning most requests to restart the computer are cleared.

This time around though I have a higher volume of machines that didn't clear this message. 

What I would like to do is to automate the process of clearing this message. I found this KB that explains the process of resolving this issue. I was wondering though, is this the correct course of action? 

On most of the machines I have confirmed that they absolutely have been shutdown and restarted since the inital update of the software, but the message requesting a restart still remains. So would using this method be the correct course of action? Or should I be digging more to investigate why these weren't cleared?

Back to the automation part, this is a great little piece of code that I would like to use in conjunction with the KB listed above. I would like to write a VB script (still learning VB so it might take me a while, but that is part of the fun) that will create the reg key with a value of 1, run an update, edit the reg key and give it value of 0, and then run the update again.

Does this sound like a good, or bad idea? My primary goal here is to try and limit the disruption to the users machines and make the process as easy as possible on myself. Using a small script, I think I could accomplish this.

Anyway, thank you for this post it has been helpful!

:20905
Children
No Data