This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Sophos block the filewrite if my app try to write a file with virus?

I have Sophos endpoint agent installed on Windows, if my code receives files via API and writes them to local file system first, then upload to AWS S3, will Sophos detect virus and prevent the file written to the file system? Or I need to invoke sophos in my code to scan it before upload to s3?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • ok, I am answering my own question:

I built a little program that write a file and read it back, when I write a EICAR tester file, Sophos will lock and won't allow me to read, then in a few seconds deleted it.

if I write a clean file, the read will show the file. Apparently my app is covered with Sophos so I won't need to reinvent the scan from my app. Case closed.

• ok, I am answering my own question:

I built a little program that write a file and read it back, when I write a EICAR tester file, Sophos will lock and won't allow me to read, then in a few seconds deleted it.

if I write a clean file, the read will show the file. Apparently my app is covered with Sophos so I won't need to reinvent the scan from my app. Case closed.

Children
No Data