This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery usage on macOS Monterey

I have a large number of newer Macbooks with Sophos installed recently and they are all having issues with battery life after installing Sophos. Looking over logs both locally collected and out of MDM, Sophos is eating a ton of resources at levels I am not accustomed to seeing.

I understand this is partly the nature of the beast since it has to use CPU cycles to perform its scans and actions, but when the battery life is more than halved it becomes a concern. To be fair, I have also seen this on Windows laptops recently, as well, but it seems especially bad on the Macbooks we have.

All affected devices are on Monterey(12.6.x) running Endpoint without Sophos's encryption. All Sophos agents are up to date.

Andrew

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thank you for reaching the community forum,

Are you using the On-prem version or endpoint or Central manage endpoint? Was this happening on a certain period of date, or it just happens randomly, especially when opening some files or accessing an application? Which component/process of Sophos endpoint you're seeing that consumes high CPU usage? 

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Thank you for reaching the community forum,

Are you using the On-prem version or endpoint or Central manage endpoint? Was this happening on a certain period of date, or it just happens randomly, especially when opening some files or accessing an application? Which component/process of Sophos endpoint you're seeing that consumes high CPU usage? 

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Children
No Data