This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unlock "PrimaryUpdateSourcePath (Locked)"

Hi there,  I have changed my console server and need to change my Update Source. I see old messages about this, but no resolution.  I am attempting to change a locked setting, and it is not letting me.  I have tried using:
    ./savsetup

And followed the prompts. I also tried....

./savconfig --nolock set PrimaryUpdateSourcePath \\%%%%%\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\savlinux

Both resulted in:
    "PrimaryUpdateSourcePath: This parameter cannot be modified because it has been locked by the CID-based configuration"

Any thoughs before I do a reinstall of SAV?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Steve Tveter,

apparently this is a managed installation and the updating policy should be changed via the console. What with the other endpoints managed by your console server?
    A quick and a little bit dirty way to redirect your Linux to the new server is /etc/hosts. Did you reuse the certificates of the console server

Christian

• Hello Steve Tveter,

apparently this is a managed installation and the updating policy should be changed via the console. What with the other endpoints managed by your console server?
    A quick and a little bit dirty way to redirect your Linux to the new server is /etc/hosts. Did you reuse the certificates of the console server

Christian

Children
No Data