This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux support GPFS and RHEL 6.x?

Hi all,

We are running various servers with legacy RHEL 6 OS and GPFS as the underlying operating system. Does Sophos support both requirements?

Thanks

An

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello An,

You're talking about Sophos 9.x or one of the Central offerings? Just curious, what exactly is your need?

RHEL 6 support has been retired Nov 2020, AFAIK (though the answer is pointless) GPFS isn't on the list of supported file systems.

Christian

• Hello An,

You're talking about Sophos 9.x or one of the Central offerings? Just curious, what exactly is your need?

RHEL 6 support has been retired Nov 2020, AFAIK (though the answer is pointless) GPFS isn't on the list of supported file systems.

Christian

Children
  • Hi there,

thanks for the swift reply. We are searching for an on-premise end-point protection / anti-virus solution that is capable to work with RHEL 6.x and GPFS. On top it should be possible to have it run as a daemon.

I am not entirely familiar with the differences between Sophos 9.x or Central Offerings. Given the rather strict requirements mentioned above I wanted to clarify both requirements first before diving into details.

However, it seems like that both requirements cannot be fulfilled.

Thanks!

• Hello An,

the on-premise 9.x is anyway EOL mid next year. 
    As you said daemon - do you want "automatic" real-time scans or an API for on-demand scanning?

Christian

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to QC

Are you looking to include it into your own code? Like an OPM option?

• Indeed, we would like to include it into our own code. With respect to daemon I was referring to the AV solution having the signature database in memory all the time instead of loading it into memory whenever it is called. I am not referring to on-access monitoring that would inspect files of a given directory tree based on kernel hooks.

However, we have both strict requirements to support GPFS and RHEL 6. Hence, I guess Sophos is not a viable solution.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to An Schall

We have a dedicated OPM team that helps customers do these sorts of integrations. If you want, I can ask them to reach out to you. 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

as a quick note, the element you would use is SUSI. Its our OPM solution that can be bundled into other applications/services 

• Thanks for the support. However, this would only fly if the two main requirements (support for GPFS and RHEL 6.x) are fulfilled.