This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Server 2016 Core Installation and reporting to SEC

We are having an issue migrating over to Windows Server 2016 Core as we have found that servers aren't reporting back to SEC and remain unmanaged.

I believe that Server 2016 Core is supported by SAV 10.8+ so I'm not sure if this is a fault with the installation or if SAV isn't reporting its status back.

I cant find any guidance from Sophos on 2016 Core especially around how to carry out this installation as there is no GUI but have taken advice on how to install via command line from these forums but it doesnt seem to make any difference. 

We're still using SEC 5.5.1 if that makes any difference.

Does anyone has experience of getting SAV on 2016 Core to report back to SEC?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Papadug,

no experience with Core installs but - is RMS installed, specifically is there a Remote Management System folder under %ProgramData%? Somewhere underneath there should be the Router logs that might give some hint. Is the install complete? %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sophos and %ProgramData%\Sophos contents should be the same.

Christian

• Hello Papadug,

no experience with Core installs but - is RMS installed, specifically is there a Remote Management System folder under %ProgramData%? Somewhere underneath there should be the Router logs that might give some hint. Is the install complete? %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Sophos and %ProgramData%\Sophos contents should be the same.

Christian

Children
  • Thanks Its our server teams who have been building these servers which is why I wasn't convinced that it was being installed correctly. However, Sophos Support finally came back to me overnight and have confirmed that whilst Server 2016 Core can have SAV installed it wont report back to SEC or be able to pick up policy, etc.

I've just asked if they will report back to Sophos Central as this may be the push we need to get moved over

• Hello Papadug,

thanks for the update . Wasn't aware that Core can't be managed - neither setup.exe and the installers nor RMS need a GUI ... but if they say so.

Christian