This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Update since days and where are the Sophos Anti-Virus threads

Hello,

First of all, where are the Sophos Anti-Virus threads in this forum ? I do not know where to post this. Sorry about this.
Then, I hope someone will answer that issue before I delete that program; I saw many others had the problem and never found out what to do.

I am using MacOS 11.6 (Big Sur) on Intel. I run Sophos Anti-Virus 9.10.3. I did not install that software myself.

— Updates worked for a day, not more.
— The update location is "Sophos" using my credentials in the AutoUpdate Preferences panel. No proxy.
— I get the following error:
"Could not contact primary server"
— The log says:
"com.sophos.autoupdate: Proceed with manually triggered update from Sophos"
"com.sophos.autoupdate: Error: Update cancelled"
"com.sophos.autoupdate: Error: Could not contact primary server at"
"com.sophos.autoupdate: URL is invalid"

<- Proceeding with manually triggered update does not work. I use "Update Now".
<- Since it was working fine for a day I suspect the server is down and the information is not accurate. OR I need to do something I am not told to finalize the registration and the information is not accurate. It took me a while to realize I had to register myself on Sophos and log-in in the AutoUpdate Preferences panel in order to get updates working the first time.
<- Should I wait or do something ?

Thank you very much for your help !!! Slight smile

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi There,

Can you confirm if this is a company manage system? Are you using enterprise version of the endpoint or the Home version? Was the installed software is central manage or enterprise console manage endpoint? One of the reasons why it's not update was due to the credentials you've input on updating the path.
    Sophos has its own download credentials to be used in order for your endpoint to communicate to our updating server. 

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi There,

Can you confirm if this is a company manage system? Are you using enterprise version of the endpoint or the Home version? Was the installed software is central manage or enterprise console manage endpoint? One of the reasons why it's not update was due to the credentials you've input on updating the path.
    Sophos has its own download credentials to be used in order for your endpoint to communicate to our updating server. 

Children
  • Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer !!!

My Sophos Antivirus has been installed by a university.

As far as I understand, Sophos releases several software but I cannot find anything about the "Sophos Antivirus" specifically. I see nothing about Endpoint in "Sophos Antivirus" excepted from the "Remove Sophos Endpoint" app besides its folder.
    I do not know what a "company manage system" is.

> Are you using enterprise version of the endpoint or the Home version?
    < In the preferences, in the Auto-Update tab, I choose "Sophos" as a Update location. I guess this is where your server is located.
    As you can see in the screenshot, I use my username. I figured out that registering allowed me to access the "Sophos" update once. But it stopped working after a day without changing anything.I get a "URL Error" in the status bar. Since I did not change anything, I suspect the server to be down.

Thank you for your help.

• Since the AV is from University and most university uses enterprise level of license subscription for Sophos. You may need to reach the university administrator to have the right download credentials on your system, You Credentials won't work as Sophos has its own credential used to download Sophos updates.