This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

error 80070490

Hello dear ones, I need your help.
I installed the Sophos EC on a file server, now I would like to protect this server, unfortunately error 80070490 keeps coming up during installation. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your effort
Server 2019 STD
File server is not the DC
The file server is integrated in the domain.

LG Andree

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Andree,

protect this server
    using Protect Computers on the server itself or what exactly did you do? Where do you see this error? Do I understand correctly that you installed SEC on this server and now you want to install Endpoint?

Christian

• Hello that's exactly how it is, doesn't that make any sense? I'm not that into the issue with the console

• Hello Andree,

Is this a new installation of SEC? Wonder because it is end-of-sales since mid-2020.

Can't say what's causing the 0x0490, often related to certificates.Did you try to protect some other computer yet? Protect should normally work on the SEC server as well, OTOH it's a one-off task and you could simply manually install (run setup.exe from the CID). Question is whether you want/need to use Protect on other endpoints too and whether it works or not.

Christian

• Hello Andree,

Is this a new installation of SEC? Wonder because it is end-of-sales since mid-2020.

Can't say what's causing the 0x0490, often related to certificates.Did you try to protect some other computer yet? Protect should normally work on the SEC server as well, OTOH it's a one-off task and you could simply manually install (run setup.exe from the CID). Question is whether you want/need to use Protect on other endpoints too and whether it works or not.

Christian

Children