This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Should I disable Sophos before migrating or transferring to a new computer (Mac)?

Would the Sophos antivirus program interfere with the migration or transfer of my data to a new computer? I'm not talking about transferring Sophos antivirus; I'm talking about transferring my stuff and whether Sophos antivirus would interfere. Should I turn it off before transferring to a new Mac computer and turn it back on afterwards?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • I don't understand. So you would have the antivirus enabled when installing other software? I was referring to installing other software, not installing Sophos. Or do you mean that you would have the antivirus enabled on the new computer when migrating as well as installing...??

Children
  • Hi  

As long as the Migration software is running and doing whatever it needs to do on a machine, then the AV should be off.

You can leave the AV off on the new machine as you're setting it up to avoid any installation issues with your apps. You can just run a full scan on the machine once you're done.