This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Removable Media Scanning on insertion?

Hello,

I've looked though the forums and only really see the same two posts about this from 5 years ago.

Has this functionality been added to Sophos? I'm not finding it in the Management Console and am hoping that there is a way to do this now.

I look forward to your reply,

Thanks
Ryan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Ryan,

there are several of these requests (also newer ones) here and in ideas (here's one with a Declined response) as well.
    I'm often asking (can't remember that I ever got an answer) what the purpose of such a feature would be. If there's any immediate threat On-Access will catch it before the scan can even commence. If not - with today's storage sizes the device is perhaps ejected before the scan can complete. Or should the device be locked until the scan has finished?

Christian

• Hello Ryan,

there are several of these requests (also newer ones) here and in ideas (here's one with a Declined response) as well.
    I'm often asking (can't remember that I ever got an answer) what the purpose of such a feature would be. If there's any immediate threat On-Access will catch it before the scan can even commence. If not - with today's storage sizes the device is perhaps ejected before the scan can complete. Or should the device be locked until the scan has finished?

Christian

Children
No Data