This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

End of support for SAV for UNIX management function using Sophos Enterprise Console(Sophos Enterprise Console を使用した SAV for UNIX の管理機能のサポート終了について)

Sophos Enterprise Console はアップデートを管理しなくなるとのことですが、
2019年12月末以降も、Sophos社内ではアップデート自体は行われるのでしょうか。

行われるのであれば、セカンダリアップデートサーバの設定でエアギャップネットワーク内のSAVもアップデート可能と考えますが、SECで行っていたセントラル インストール ディレクトリ (CID) からのアップデートを受け取る動作は、スタンドアロン版ではどのようになりますでしょうか。

エアギャップネットワーク内外にSECを実装できない環境の中、スタンドアロン版をインストールした場合の運用方法はありますでしょうか。

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello masashi hayase,

I hope it is ok that I reply in English (and I'm, BTW, not Sophos).

I have not translated the Sophos Anti-Virus for UNIX article, I assume that it's identical to the English one.
    Unmanaged means that the endpoint (the UNIX machine) will no longer send its status, alerts, and errors to SEC and that you are no longer able to change the policies (settings) from the console.
    This does not affect updating - in fact it is assumed that SEC/SUM still provides the CID and has a subscription to the UNIX version 注:UNIX アップデートが Sophos Enterprise Console のサブスクリプションから削除されている場合、CID UNIX アップデートの場所はアップデートされなくなります. 。このため、セカンダリのアップデート元が利用可能な場合でも、移行されたスタンドアロン版 UNIX サーバー上の保護は古くなってしまいます. This is perhaps a little bit cryptic: Removing the subscription in SEC will not delete the CID, the endpoint will still be able to connect to it and when checking for updates find no new updates. Thus it won't try the secondary location.

So - you can continue to use the setup and procedures you have in place. All that changes is that you no longer see status updates from the UNIX machines in the console and you no longer can change their settings remotely via the console.

Is this what you want to know?

Christian