This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to scan mkv files with Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux Basic?? After scanning the Directory the progamme generates a message saying that it was unable to open the mkv file.

Is it possible to scan mkv files with Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux Basic??  After scanning the Directory the progamme generates a message saying that it was unable to open the mkv file.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello FergusScott,

From your description, it seems that the product is not able to open the files at all, rather than not able to scan it, so I suspect some access right problem here. Maybe you do not have rights to access those files, or some other application is keeping them open.

It can also be an issue with the file size, if the files in question are larger than 4GB, they might trigger some file size related issues, but I’m not aware of any supported platforms where we cannot handle such large files.

What platform are you running the product on (OS/distro)? What are the product/engine versions of SAV you are running?

Thanks 

Mark 

• Hello FergusScott,

From your description, it seems that the product is not able to open the files at all, rather than not able to scan it, so I suspect some access right problem here. Maybe you do not have rights to access those files, or some other application is keeping them open.

It can also be an issue with the file size, if the files in question are larger than 4GB, they might trigger some file size related issues, but I’m not aware of any supported platforms where we cannot handle such large files.

What platform are you running the product on (OS/distro)? What are the product/engine versions of SAV you are running?

Thanks 

Mark 

Children