This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Excluded for particluar domain based upload

dear team,

I am using sophos endpoint protection Advanced. i have  to blocked file uploading in sophos DLP,  but i need exception for particular official domain or Email based upload Access. it is possible.

i can't see any particluar Email domain based destination. its shows browser, email client, removable storage.

thanks and regards 

K. Hari Krishnan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello K. Hari Krishnan,

to add to 's reply, you can only select a destination which is subsequently block. DLP is "just" a by-product of AV scanning. When the scanner intercepts the read or write (in case of device destinations) of a file DLP determines which application accesses the file and acts according to its rules. It has no idea of the application's intents (e.g. the final destination for an upload or an email). Such granular control can only be exerted with a gateway.

Christian  

• hi,

Is there any other option for this thing in sophos DLP. kindly suggest

thanks and regards

K.Hari Krishnan

• Hello K.Hari Krishnan,

this thing
    might seem simple but it's all but impossible with off-the-shelf applications. You'd need a custom browser or email client which can be controlled by DLP. So, unfortunately, there isn't any other option (with Endpoint) I could think of (and I doubt someone else can).

Christian

• Hello guys,

Is there any movement on that? Any workaround such a mix between Threat Protection and DLP?

Many thanks,

Lirik

Reply Children
No Data