This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

5 second pause after each .js file

Greetings,

Zotero is a Firefox extension.  Part of the Zotero install is to create 400+ *.js files in the "translators" subdirectory.

The translators subdirectory resides on a Netapp filer.

Each time a *.js file is created, there is a 5 second pause before the next file is created.

If I modify Sophos "On-access" scanning to exclude *.js files, the 5 second delay goes away.

I have run "Process Monitor" (part of sysinternals) while the install is running and I captured segments where the 5 second delay appear.  The IRP_MJ_CLEANUP causes the 5 second delay.

How can I determine the cause of this problem?

thanks

:56893

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello earl-hooper,

exclude *.js [makes the delay at] IRP_MJ_CLEANUP [go away]

suggests that a driver is involved and the issue occurs only when a file is scanned. Are you scanning on the endpoint or the NetApp filer? If you are scanning on the endpoint, does turning off on write and on rename make a difference?

Anyway I'd suggest you open a case with Support.

Christian

:56894
  • >> Are you scanning on the endpoint or the NetApp filer?

I do not understand this question.

The file is newly created or, perhaps, created and then renamed.  The file is created and renamed on the Netapp filer.

What does "endpoint" mean?

I have opened a case with Sophos support.  They had me collect data, which I submited to Sophos.  So far, no response.

thanks

:57096
  • Hello earl-hooper,

you run Firefox on a "computer" not the NetApp filer. You can do AV-scanning on the computer (called "endpoint" when talking about managed Sophos Anti-Virus), the filer (actually it offloads this task) or both. Makes quite a difference.

Christian (and BTW I'm not Sophos)
    :57098