This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EP9 support for NetApp AV Scanner

Hi,

Can someone please advise as to when Sophos will support the EP9 AV scanner for NetApp?

I've heard there is something on the radar. Is there a BETA in the mean time?

:2023

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Ahh. I can see what's wrong...

I've been reading the SAV for NetApp 1.0.1 release notes that we downloaded in Jan/Feb 2010 which didn't state if EP9/SAV9 or Windows 2008 Server was supported.

Quote from the July 1.0.1 version:

"Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems release notes
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Product version : 1.0.1

www.sophos.com

Contents
    --------

New in this version
    Upgrading to this version
    Troubleshooting

New in this version
    -------------------

* This version is compatible with Sophos Anti-Virus for
      Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, version 6, as well as earlier versions.

If you upgrade Sophos Anti-Virus from version 4.x to 6, or from version 4.x
      to 5, any configuration changes you have made will be lost. You must
      reconfigure Sophos Anti-Virus for use with a Network Appliance filer when
      you have upgraded.
    ..."

I confirmed this with Sophos technical support at the beginning of March 2010 and they advised me that there was a newer version scheduled for March. (That month).

Recently I've been checking back for updates on the Sophos download website and was looking at the version number listed and the version number in the release notes too but no-one has changed them. - (They are still at 1.0.1 even as I post this reply). Thus I didn't bother reading the rest of the release notes etc, and wasn't aware that Windows Server 2008 was finally supported. And EP9/SAV9 to that matter too.

I then raised another call to Sophos tech a couple of days ago to see if there was any news on the grapevine for the release of the new version but no-one seemed to know what was happening there either.

That's when I created this post.

So here we are. The new version of SAV for NetApp has been officially released but the version number on the Sophos download site and the version number on the release notes haven't been updated. Or perhaps 1.0.1 was actually 1.0.0 in disguise?

I can't wait for version 1.0.1 :smileywink:

Thanks,

RL

:2227
  • Ahh. I can see what's wrong...

I've been reading the SAV for NetApp 1.0.1 release notes that we downloaded in Jan/Feb 2010 which didn't state if EP9/SAV9 or Windows 2008 Server was supported.

Quote from the July 1.0.1 version:

"Sophos Anti-Virus for NetApp Storage Systems release notes
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Product version : 1.0.1

www.sophos.com

Contents
    --------

New in this version
    Upgrading to this version
    Troubleshooting

New in this version
    -------------------

* This version is compatible with Sophos Anti-Virus for
      Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, version 6, as well as earlier versions.

If you upgrade Sophos Anti-Virus from version 4.x to 6, or from version 4.x
      to 5, any configuration changes you have made will be lost. You must
      reconfigure Sophos Anti-Virus for use with a Network Appliance filer when
      you have upgraded.
    ..."

I confirmed this with Sophos technical support at the beginning of March 2010 and they advised me that there was a newer version scheduled for March. (That month).

Recently I've been checking back for updates on the Sophos download website and was looking at the version number listed and the version number in the release notes too but no-one has changed them. - (They are still at 1.0.1 even as I post this reply). Thus I didn't bother reading the rest of the release notes etc, and wasn't aware that Windows Server 2008 was finally supported. And EP9/SAV9 to that matter too.

I then raised another call to Sophos tech a couple of days ago to see if there was any news on the grapevine for the release of the new version but no-one seemed to know what was happening there either.

That's when I created this post.

So here we are. The new version of SAV for NetApp has been officially released but the version number on the Sophos download site and the version number on the release notes haven't been updated. Or perhaps 1.0.1 was actually 1.0.0 in disguise?

I can't wait for version 1.0.1 :smileywink:

Thanks,

RL

:2227
Children
No Data