This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos for Sharepoint - on-access scan

Hi,

since three day on the two front -end sharepoint server I see this error:

Threat detection data is too old. Please update Sophos Anti-Virus

I checked the AV web console Dashboard everything are updated, for all farm server. (Last checked for updates is ok)

Reboot the server don't solve the issue.

Thanks for help me

Regards

FM

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi FM,

On the Sharepoint server, please can you open the local Sophos console from the system tray;

View Product Information > Anti-virus and HIPS > Software

Please post these details.

Your detection data is liekly out of data

Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

thanks for you message.

But the problem is on the Sophos for Sharepoint, I have a web console not a system tray access.

On the same server a have Sophos for sharepoint and Sophos Endpoint security protection,

I saw the problem on the Sophos for Sharepoint console.

Sophos Endpoint security protection:

[Antivirus e HIPS]
    -[ Software]
    Sophos Anti-Virus 10.6.4.1150
    Stato della scansione in accesso Abilitato
    Motore di rilevamento 3.67.3
    Dettagli del rilevamento 5.35
    Data dei dettagli relativi al virus 10.01.2017
    Oggetti rilevati 12594852
    Identità di rilevamento 341
    Versione delle regole HIPS 10.3.195.1
    Versione della configurazione HIPS 1.0.65.1
    Ultimo aggiornamento 15.05.2017 14:22:55

Thanks

Regards

FM

• Hi FM,

I know that you are using Sharepoint; it relies on the Sophos AV for its detections etc (I cant recall if you still get the Sophos shield in the system tray).

Anyway, Data dei dettagli relativi al virus 10.01.2017, if this is a standalone installation (not managed by SEC) then you should check the update details; is this/was this a trial? Did you enter the username and password details sent to you on your license? The software is checking for updates, but not updating correctly.

Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

I checked the connection on the Sophos Enterprise Console and the connection was broken.

I restored it with a sophos router service restart.

But, on the Sophos for sharepoint logs, I seed still the error "Threat detection data is too old. Please update Sophos Anti-Virus".

Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

Regards

FM

• Hi FM,

If this is managed by SEC you will want to check which Update policy applies to the Server in question. Look at which SUM is being used and ensure that the SUM is updating correctly. If the SUM is updating correctly it will be then worth looking at the AutoUpdate logs on the endpoint; C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Logs\ ALUpdate.log is a good starting point; https://community.sophos.com/kb/pl-pl/110117

Stephen