This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot open database requested by the login. The login failed.

Hi,

after sophos scanning we have different critical event 3760:

SQL Database 'xxxx' on SQL Server instance 'xxxx' not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Cannot open database "xxxx" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'xxxx'.

What can I do to resolve this critical event?

Thanks

Regards

FM

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello FM,

after sophos scanning
    not sure what this means - after running a scheduled scan, or?

3760 can have a number of causes, other than the after there's no indication that Sophos is involved. For example you get the same error whether the database is offline, closed, or doesn't exist at all. Is this just one database, some/many/all databases on just one instance, or some/all databases on some/all instances. Furthermore a database usually isn't an end in itself and thus the error often but not necessarily always also affects an application - from the forum I assume it's Sharepoint.
    Determining the reason for the failed login comes first, seemingly whatever uses the database recovers from the error. Without knowing the status triggering this error it's all but impossible to find the prime cause.

Sophos is probably not the best starting point, but if you want to follow this path details are necessary - what kind of scan, its settings, at which point of the scan the SQL error occurs, to name a few.

Christian

• Hi Christian,
    thanks for your message

More details:
    Sharepoint 2013 farm (5 server = 2 app + 2 fe + 1 SQL)

Sophos solution installed:
    - sophos endpoint security and control protection (for the server protection)
    - For sharepoint content: Sophos for Microsoft Sharepoint v. 3.0.0

Problem related to Sophos for Microsoft Sharepoint:
    - schedule setting scan every sunday 1:00

Server event viewer critical 3760 application
    - 11.12.2016 more events
    - 12.12.2016 no event
    - 13.12.2016 time 16:47
    - 14.12.2016 time 3:57 and 07:55

SQL Database 'xxxx' on SQL Server instance 'xxxx' not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Cannot open database "xxx" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'Sophos user'.

"Sophos user" is the user used for:
    - "Sophos for Microsoft Sharepoint" service
    - "Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint Worker" service
    - "Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint remote group operations" service

My question is: why this user need access-login to the database?
    I must give him access to sharepoint DB (read) ?

I hope that this information help.

Thanks
    Regards
    FM

• Hello FM,

so the scheduled scan is a Sophos for SharePoint scan (not a Sophos ESC)?
    As the database is named xxxx (or xxx) I can't say why the service account apparently tries to access it (and it might also depend on the scan's settings). The startup guide mentions the requirements and refers to Account permissions required by Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint - it's supposed to work with these settings. I'm not a SharePoint or Sophos for SharePoint expert though. 

Christian

• Hello FM,

so the scheduled scan is a Sophos for SharePoint scan (not a Sophos ESC)?
    As the database is named xxxx (or xxx) I can't say why the service account apparently tries to access it (and it might also depend on the scan's settings). The startup guide mentions the requirements and refers to Account permissions required by Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint - it's supposed to work with these settings. I'm not a SharePoint or Sophos for SharePoint expert though. 

Christian

• Hi Christian

yes, the scheduled task is a Sophos for SharePoint scan.

I will try with this suggestion:

community.sophos.com/.../58866

"If SharePoint connects to your SharePoint databases using Windows authentication, the Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint services account must also be a member of the SQL sysadmin role on the database server"

Thanks for your right help!!!

Regards

FM

Reply Children
No Data