This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sophos 10 and sharepoint 2007

We have a server with sharepoint 2007. Last week we updated endpoint security and control from version 9.5 to 10.0. Since that moment the alert system of sharepoint began to fail. When you tried to add an alert the web hangs but the alert was added and the email didn't arrive to the user. We stopped the sophos services and the emails didm't works. Only after uninstall the antivirus things work again.

I haven't found any information about this problem. Is there any incompatibility between sharepoint email sytem and shphos 10?

Have somebody else the same problem?

:20119

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Toxo,

I was wondering if you ever had any luck with this?  I am seeing the same issue with Version 10 and WSS 3.0 (Windows Sharepoint Services)  Everything you described is what we are seeing as well.

I have tried stopping all the Sophos services, and also disabling the protections in the Sophos control panel without any luck. 

I do have a support ticket open with Sophos, I will update if I hear anything.

:20279
  • I have come back to 9.7 version and all works fine. I think the problem is related to the web intelligent service. I have had several problems with this service, internet explorer and firefox.

:20331
  • Hello

We are currently investigating similar reports of browser crashes relating to version 10.0 which may also be similar to your experience with Sharepoint. There are a couple of fixes that we have identified that will be included, subject to testing, in version 10.0.1 which is due for release later in January. Hopefully this release will solve the problems you have experienced too. Can I suggest that if you have not already done so can you please report your experience to Sophos Support.

Thanks for using Sophos Endpoint and for contributing to the SophosTalk community.

Ian Lakie

Product Manager - Endpoint Security

Sophos

:20439
  • Hello

Check how to Disable the SWI service with a vbs script.

/search?q= 20443

Regards

Linck Tello Flores

:20445
  • This article saved my bacon and am glad someone posted about this.  I had spent all week trying to figure out what was wrong with our SharePoint environment.

I still have version 10.0 installed on this server.  Another work-around I found after reading this thread was to install the Windows SDK for our environment (Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit) and run the SpOrder utility to move all of the Sophos Web Intelligence "modules" to the bottom of the list and make sure MSAFD modules are at the top (TCP first, then UDP then RAW).  I may have had to reboot the server after applying these changes before SharePoint started working.  Perhaps restarting the SharePoint related Windows Services would have the same effect.

:20537
  • Hi all,

Running SpOrder.exe and moving the Sophose Web Inteligence entries to the bottom of the list fixed the problem for me as well.  I was a little hesitent to download the Windows Platform SDK on our server just to get the sporder program (the SDK was a fairly large download.)

Also I did not need to reboot I ran iisreset and that seemed to be enough to make SharePoint startt sending email once again. 

Thanks everyone for the help.

-Kris

:20551
  • Sorry Forgot to mention we are running Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32 Bit), here is the link to the SDK download that I used:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=6510 

-Kris

:20553
  • The SDK worked for me as well. I spent 3 days pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my Immediate Alerts were not working, clearing the cache, re-creating the jobs, re-registering the templates etc.

I found this article that explains it, although our servers are not VMed

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tehnoonr/archive/2009/10/13/sharepoint-alerts-emails-don-t-work-on-some-vmware-systems.aspx

:20611
  • +1

Same issue here with Sharepoint 3.0 and Alerts faiing to send. Only resolution was to uninstall and install 9.7.

:26265
  • Found it!  The Sophos update  installed “Sophos Web Intelligence LSP” and “Sophos Web Intelligence IFSLSP” at the top of the Windows Sockets stack, above TCP/IP!

To fix - download the Windows SDK for your appropriate OS:  "Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5" for 2008, or Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK.  Install.  For the 2003 version, you only need the Tools or the Diagnostics (I installed both). 

Go to Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin\{os version}  They have AMD, 64 and 32 bit.  You're looking for the program SPOrder.exe

Run it. 

Move anything above "MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]" down, and apply.  I had to do this on both of our SharePoint WFEs, and it immediately cleared things up.  No reboots, no IIS resets, etc.

Hope this helps!

Barry

---

Barry Zickuhr | SharePoint Administrator | Information Services Division

Administrative Office of the Courts | 1206 Quince St. SE | Olympia, WA 98504-1170

'(360) 704-4144 | * Barry.Zickuhr@courts.wa.gov | ; www.courts.wa.gov

:27851