This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does Sophos SharePoint AV scan SQL Database Stores

Does Sophos AV for Sharepoint scan SQL Server database stores?  I've read all the info I can find on SharePoint AV but I could not find a statement that says Sophos AV scans database stores.  The article, "Top Four Considerations for Securing Microsoft SharePoint" is excellent and recommends that I "deploy an antivirus suite designed to scan SQL Server database stores" but it doesn't say if Sophos AV does this. 

:23069

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Monicola,

it'd be surprising if Sophos' solution couldn't and wouldn't do this (basically telling you you should turn somewhere else to get the recommended level of protection) :smileywink:.

Quoting from the startup guide (abridged):

The key features of Sophos for Microsoft SharePoint include:
    * On-access scanning of the SharePoint store ...
    * On-demand and scheduled scanning for selected portions of the SharePoint store ...
    In a farm ... for on-demand and scheduled scans ... the configured server can scan all or configured parts of the SharePoint store
    The Considerations say SQL Server database stores whereas the docs call it SharePoint store

Christian

:23087
  • Hi Christian,

Thank you!  I never thought to look in the startup guide. 

I appreciate your quick and concise response.

Monicola

:23115
  • Thank you for the information Sandy.  It is very interesting. 

Monicola

:23415