This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Intercept X: Workaround when Intercept X fails to Install

Disclaimer: This information is provided as-is for the benefit of the Community. Please contact Sophos Professional Services if you require assistance with your specific environment.

Hi Community,

This article provides a workaround when Intercept-X fails to install.

1. Browse to C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\ 

2. Copy the folder contents (folder “C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\”) to C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\. (Create the folder HitManPro.Alert if this does not already exist.)

3. Force a manual update and check if Hitman.pro alert gets installed (You can do this by double-clicking the Sophos System Tray icon, Click About, Click 'Update Now').

If the above approach doesn't work, proceed with these steps:

1. Rename c:\windows\system32\drivers\hmpalert.sys to hmpalert.sys_OLD.

2. Open a command prompt (run as administrator).

3. Enter cd " C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\decoded\hmpa64\"

4. Enter hmpalert.exe /install /mode=sophos

5. Force a manual update and check if Hitman.pro alert gets installed. (You can do this by double-clicking the Sophos System Tray icon, Click About, Click 'Update Now').

Have an idea or suggestion regarding our Documentation, Knowledgebase, or Videos? Please visit our User Assistance forum on the Community to share your idea!

Updated disclaimer
[edited by: Qoosh at 9:32 PM (GMT -7) on 31 Mar 2023]
Parents
  • When i try to install via cmd using  "hmpalert.exe /install /mode=sophos" i get an error that says This program is managed by Sophos, i am using an administrator user and i also tried with tamper protection off, how can i workaround this permission issue?

• When i try to install via cmd using  "hmpalert.exe /install /mode=sophos" i get an error that says This program is managed by Sophos, i am using an administrator user and i also tried with tamper protection off, how can i workaround this permission issue?

Children
  • Hello ,

Thank you for reaching us, This old steps no longer work with our latest architecture as there are quite a lot of changes after its rollout. Also, our product is continually evolving so the previous issues being observed on the later version have been fixed by the latest release/update of the product. May we know what issue you've faced upon installing the Sophos endpoint on your system using the new package?

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids