This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Encryption not installing correctly - Endpoint

Installed Sophos full install for endpoint (latest version, just downloaded from Sophos Central) on two brand new Dell laptops. Encryption is not working. In the client, the main window shows "Data protection is off." I click About, and it lists the 4 major components of Sophos, each with a version number EXCEPT for Device Encryption, which has a dash.

I click to go to Endpoint Self Help (ESH), that shows a Red Health State and issues with

• Installed Components (Red X on Sophos Data Protection Agent)
  • Services (Sophos Device Encryption)
  • Device Encryption (Heading Bitlocker activation with Red X under it, the word Installed, some space, and "Missing")

On Sophos Central, after the Endpoint Install and a reboot, the PC showed up in the computer list. Encryption was checked (in the past, on install it showed a Plus sign to allow me to assign an encryption license). The far right column, Device Encryption, showed "Not Available."

I assigned the computer to our Enforced policy that requires encryption. After multiple reboots before and after waiting overnight, Computer still shows in the client and in Central with these issues, and won't activate Bitlocker.

Selecting the computer, on the Summary page it shows a Check by Encryption and status of "Pending."

I've also tried updating from the Client, and initiating update from Central. And I've tried selecting the computer in the device list > Manage Endpoint SOftware > Install Encryption.

After all of this, in the client it still shows a "-" for the version of Encryption that is installed. This has been very painful. I think it may have something to do with license assignment--in the past as I noted the Encryption license was not automatically checked, I had to click the Plus sign and add it.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.