This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Central Encryption auto lock on screen after 1 minute of inactivity

Hi,

We implemented Encryption in our organisation. But, we found that after the installation of encryption trough Bitlocker, our devices lock automatically after 1 minute of inactivity. I understand that it's a great feature against devices theft. However, 1 minute is not really practical.

We have searched through the internet to edit this timer to a more reasonable time. We tried to change it trough windows settings by editing registry keys, nonetheless the issue is still there. In more, we removed the encryption software from our devices, but even after that, the auto lock is still there.

Does anyone encounter the same issue ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi there,

Thank you for reaching us. Can you validate as well the group policy applied on the device? Check the screen saver timeout if it's set to 1 minute. We don't impose a screen lock policy on our product since it's all managed via your local GPO or policy on your domain.

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi GlennSen,

Thank you very much, I have checked the local GPO. With the right policy from: Computer Configuration > administrative templates > windows components > Control pannel > personalization >  from there you can edit the screen saver timer. But it was not sufficient, after the policy enabled there was a way to edit the screen saver setting via regedit. Here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Control Panel\Desktop, I was unable to access there before enabling the screen saver policy. From there, you change the value as needed.

As I supposed, the issue was on Windows side but I didn't find anything before I wrote my problem there, thank you again.

We can now have encryption and more practical screen saver timer as well.

Augustin Lessire.

• That's really nice to hear that you have already achieved the desired screen saver set-up on your system. With that being said I will now proceed on marking your response as a verified answer as solution for the issue you've raised.

Glenn ArchieSeñas (GlennSen)
    Global Community Support Engineer

The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Reply Children
No Data