This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any suggestion for decryption of Android images!!?

Hi everyone, I am on Android 11 , recently I encrypt some image files via miui file manager(com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer), but unable to restore those due to lack of my knowledge that time(it was a bug which don't show restore button). //Edit:I was able to see & access those at that time. 

Whatever I tried asking in several forums, so someone suggested try another similar app (which is file explorer with diff version from mi only), after installing this when I tried to access those encrypted files , it kinda got encrypted and the image turned to some random names +without some extensions & just dot at end. //now I am not able to access my images, even not able to see them. 

I tried uninstalling the later apk, but the images in previous app didn't changed, so in pursue forward I came to know about"sophos safeguard".

So my question is -can this client really able to decrypt my files from Android? Either via pc version.. 

Or someone can suggest something else method please..! 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi. Sorry Sophos SafeGuard would not be able to do this. This isn’t a similar app at all to that method or technology so I’m sorry to say you’ll need to look elsewhere. Are your images not backed up in Google Photos though? Do you use OneDrive on the device?