This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos SafeGuard Management license has expired for Native Device Encryption

HI,

The above has expired, is there any implications on our encryption, i'e Bitlocker recovery, or is it just policies we won't be able to push down.

Sophos are saying as it's end of life we need to migrate to Sophos Central, but not in a position to and they failed to tell us that ours had expired.

So Just wanted some reassurance to what implications it may have? If it's just policies we can carry on as normal.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Yes, should continue to work but will not update or manage policies. This could become an issue if a future release of Windows changes something for File Encryption. This has happened before. The product is EOL but you should still be able to purchase support as en existing customer. You can’t now buy the product as a new customer I believe. I’m not sure what the clients will now display though when the clients do a policy sync. This would be worth clarifying. I believe the clients shouldn’t error but worth having Sophos back this up. 

• This is correct - in SGN being over a license or expired license means no further policy distribution but you can still do recovery.

However, it is not a good state to be in.

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.