This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User not able to connect to database

Hi,

After providing the security officer rights to user, he tried to configure the Safeguard management center for his windows profile on the safeguard server, however he has received the below error while connecting to the database.

Would anyone help here please especially ?

Whether I have to assign the below rights to that user or not? 

db_datareader

db_datawriter

public (default)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Good morning - Sorry about the delay, stepped away from the PC for a few days!

Have you also allowed the user permission to access the domain as well as the security roles? There's two parts to the user assignment, the security role AND the domain/workgroup. Without access to the domain/workgroup it doesn't help if you have the security officer role.

1 - Check user is defined in Security Officers - (Note - I imported this user as when I was logged on, so they're "my" users, as in users authorised by me) These are imported users too (user logged onto a SafeGuard machine, it syncs creating their key/cert on the server, I then promote this user to a SO)

2 - Double check you've given this user permission to access the domain/workgroup. Without this step, the first is pointless!

Users and Computers - Select ROOT of the domain OR workgroup (you will complete this for each and every directory, so if you have workgroups AND domain - do both)

Select the Access tab. If this is NOT visible when you've selected the root, double check your own account has enough privileges. If in doubt - use MAINMSO account to log in with.

Here I've selected the WG on the left (domain is above it)  Select the user and modify the permissions to allow them to access this domain/WG.

If the user is not there - expand the right hand cell to select the user and drag them into the main window. Modify accordingly.

Are they trying to access the domain or a workgroup?

Is this user a promoted security officer or a manually created one?

• Are other SOs able to log into the management center on that machine?
    Also, is this SO imported from AD (red shirt) or created in SGN (brown shirt)?

RichardP

Program Manager, Support Readiness | CISSP | Sophos Technical Support
    Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.