This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SafeGuard Encryption

We use imaging software, if we re-image it clears the BitLocker encryption, does this remove the encrypted data, if someone used data recovery would they be able to access the data?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You can never say NEVER in IT, but data should be safe. Without the recovery key (or access to it) the chances of data recovery are very slim - certainly by the "average" user.

If you're concerned this might happen I would recommend disk wiping/cleaning software and do a sweep/wipe of +3 passes. We use Blancco here, but there are other solutions available.

As I said - nothing it ever secure. It's like a car that can't be stolen...if someone wants it enough...they will find a way! 

• You can never say NEVER in IT, but data should be safe. Without the recovery key (or access to it) the chances of data recovery are very slim - certainly by the "average" user.

If you're concerned this might happen I would recommend disk wiping/cleaning software and do a sweep/wipe of +3 passes. We use Blancco here, but there are other solutions available.

As I said - nothing it ever secure. It's like a car that can't be stolen...if someone wants it enough...they will find a way! 

Children
No Data