This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Drive locked but recovery key not available.

We have use sophos 7.0 server, One system D: drive was locked then we check sophos server but server that machine onle C, E drive recovery key is available but d drive recovery key is not there.

So how can recover the D drive data?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Namdev - In the console can you find the machine and then see when it last communicated with the server?

Could you also verify that you have created a policy to either encrypt all local drives or D in particular? I'm not doubting you but would want to be confident that Sophos is configured to manage that drive and therefore SHOULD have the key?

•  

Dear Michael,

Check the server host snapshot for better understanding!! 

We have check the all site but in sophos server and sgn database recovery key not available. any another way for without key, data recovery.

I have working in sophos encryption since last 7 years. and i think we have understand many things.

• Hi - Thanks for that. From your screenshot it appears your PC is within the .Auto Registered container. In my understanding the PC should only reside in there temporarily before it syncs with AD and goes into the correct OU with the policies applied to that OU. Unless you've applied policies to your .Auto Registered container then I would suspect that the PC would then NOT apply the correct policy (and therefore manage the correct drives)

From your screenshot I would be tempted to guess that the PC was encrypted before Sophos began to manage it (unless your policy applies to .Auto Registered)

I also find it odd that the client has not picked up the algorithm used for encrypting C Drive either.

I hate to say it but to me it looks like Sophos is unaware of the D Drive existing - never mind it's encrypted and the chance of pulling the key out of Sophos for a drive it appears to be unaware of is slim.

I would personally search for IN-MHCRLT-0784 though within the directory to make sure it doesn't exist elsewhere - it is possible to have two instances when one resides within .auto but I still think it'll be the same answer sadly...