This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sharepoint & Sophos UTM 9.1

Dear Community,

I have a bit of an issue with our new Sharepoint (2013) server.
The internal use through http is working just fine with SSO.

With the external access I have an issue. We have an SSL certificate, which is impemented. I have added a Virtual Webserver and a Real Webserver for the site, with the certificate and with a Firewall Profile, on which nothing is activated.

I can reach the server from an external location, but I have to enter and apply my user data (username, pw) about 10 times before the page shows normally.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Many thanks, Cheers
Rolf

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • This isn't supported at the moment you have to use the basic auth workaround till they release it.
  • Does anyone know when, or even, if, it's likely to be supported?
  • Voted +3....

My guess is that it will never be implemented so stick with extending web application with basic authentication solutions.

I've recently tested it in my virtual lab with ancient WSS 3.0 on Windows 2003 Server with UTM custom form template, and it works. If anyone is interested I will post step-by-step procedures with screenshots here.
  • I am interested in specifically how it interfaces with O365 and Sharepoint Online.  My ADFS SSO broke after updating to 9.207? or higher. 
    Logins directed directly at login.microsoftonline.com happened just fine where as logins directed at mydomain.sharepoint.com resulted in a 403 Forbidden, from the ADFS server. 
      I was able to allow external users to authenticate by setting the virtual server's firewall profile to :none:  :S
  • Hi vilic,

I'd definitely appreciate step by step instructions based on your testing.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hi Colly, here are the steps that I've done to publish WSS 3.0 with UTM custom form authentication. UTM is also configured for https to http redirection, so public SSL certificate only needs to be configured on UTM, not on IIS.

1. Bounded additional IP address to existing LAN connection on Windows server hosting Sharepoint services.

2. Sharepoint Central Administration -> Application Management -> Create or Extend Web Application -> Extend an existing Web application:
      - Web Application: Sharepoint-80
      - Create a new IIS web site: Sharepoint-UTM
      - Port: random
      - Host Header: none
      - Authentication provider: NTLM
      - Allow Anonymous: No
      - Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): No
      - Zone: Custom

3. Sharepoint Central Administration -> Operations > Alternate Access Mappings:
      - Changed  "URL protocol, host and port" to public DNS FQDN (http://portal.company.com)
      - Changed Zone to Default  

4. Edited IIS Sharepoint-UTM web site properties:
      - IP address: additional IP address defined earlier
      - TCP port: 80
      - Directory security -> Authentication methods:
         * Only Basic authentication selected
         * Default domain/Realm: internal AD DNS name

5. UTM Webserver Protection:
      - Created new Real Webserver definition with internal additional Sharepoint server IP address and port 80
      - Created new Virtual Webserver definition:
         * Interface: External UTM address
         * Type: Encrypted (HTTPS) & Redirect
         * Port: 443
         * Certificate: SSL certificate from public CA, previously imported on UTM
         * Domains: public FQDN from SSL certificate
         * Real Webservers: Sharepoint
         * Firewall profile: No profile (this should be changed after succesfull testing to more restrictive one)
         * Pass Host Header selected

6. UTM Reverse Authentication:
      - Created new Form Template named "Sharepoint" and uploaded custom html and css files (more info on this in another forum thread - Reverse Auth - Custom Form Template)
      - Created new Authentication Profile:
         * Virtual Webserver
      _      Name: Sharepoint Reverse
            _Mode: Form
            _Form Template: Sharepoint
            _Users/Groups: Active Directory Users

* Real Webserver
          _  Mode: Basic
            _User name affix: none

* User session (as desired)
          _  Session Timeout: 60 minutes
            _Session Lifetime: Deselected

- Edited Site Path Routhing properties for Sharepoint virtual webserver and changed Reverse Authentication parameter to "Sharepoint Reverse" profile.

It took me more time to type it here than to configure it in my test environment...[;)]
  • Vilic,

Thanks so much for taking the time to document this.  I'll try this out on my setup here.

Thanks,

Michael
  • With v9.210 WAF supports NTLM. Only exception is Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS).

Regards,
     Sabine
  • With v9.210 WAF supports NTLM. Only exception is Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS).

Regards,
     Sabine

Hi Sabine,

sorry, but this is completely wrong. The only service that works with NTLM is Outlook Anywhere. Because this service will not be checked or protected by the WAF.

Regards
    mod

€dit

Upps, have not seen new version fixes in 9.210. -> Fix [33277]: [9.2] Add support for passthrough NTLM connection. But rpc over https is also working with ntlm in earlier versions [;)]