This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Avaya IP Office 500

I'm having some problems getting an Avaya IP Office 500 phone system to work properly over SIP  when behind a Sophos UTM. I am currently working with an IT partner to implement a SG125 running version 9.3. Our telco is Gamma.

We currently use a Draytek 2860. Currently ports 5060-5061 and then the SIP port range is forwarded to the IP Office Switch static IP. We have found that enabling STUN causes a situation where the phone rings, the user picks the phone up but there is a severe delay of up to 1 minute before the call connects and speech can be heard. We have disabled Draytek's SIP ALG..

Our NAT rules look like the following screenshot. I first enabled 16-20 which was a total failure. I couldn't even get a line out.

We then tried creating a new broader rule (number 15) and found that we were getting a situation similar to the Draytek described above. In addition, on my test calls, I wasn't able to hear speech from the other end.

The only thing I have not tried is the SIP helper on the UTM.

Can anybody with experience with using a Sophos UTM and Avaya IP Office suggest where the rules aren't configured right?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Nick, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Your first exchange was to help someone else here solve a problem - we look forward to returning the favor.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Nick,

Thanks for your help.  We've ended up just using LAN1 on the IPO and routing everything through that.  We enabled SIP on the UTM, added our Gamma IPs in the SIP server networks, then our phone VLAN into the SIP client network and then added the IPS excpetions.  Everything then seemed to start working, with no NAT required.