This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Packet loss behind Sophos Red

Picture shows my setup. Remote user starts to complain about network performance, so I start troubleshooting. Internet connection is OK.

If I ping the Red: response < 1ms, no packet loss. If I ping Remote User: response ~ 75 ms, 15% packet loss.

Remote User pings Red: response ~ 75 ms, 15% packet loss. Remote User pings another Remote User: response < 1ms, no packet loss.

Nothing useful shows up in the Red Log. Reset Red does not help. Is there anything I can test to determine what my problem is?

Edit: I understand now that pinging from Remote User to Red is not as represented in the picture. The ping travels to the UTM, so the slower reponse is explained.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • "If I ping the Red: response < 1ms, no packet loss."

That's because you're only pinging the UTM - there's nothing physically sent through the tunnel (I saw your Edit after I wrote this).

"Remote User pings another Remote User: response < 1ms, no packet loss."

Same thing here - nothing is sent via the RED or RED tunnel.

It sounds like there is a problem either in the remote network behind the RED, or, more probably, with the RED or your ISP connection for the RED.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA