This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Domain not appearing in Enterprise Manager

Hi,

I have been made a Security Officer on the Sophos Enterprise Manager, however when in Recovery Mode I can't see the Domain.

Is there a reason for this?

Kind regards, Dan Petford

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Have you also given access to the domain here?

Log on as MAINMSO. Select your domain on the left.

Select the Access Tab.

Modify to allow the user access.

• I have this issue for a couple of security officers.

Unfortunately, I took this role after the installation. I am a master security officer - and I can see the domain (Users and Computers), but the other two that I promoted do not.

I checked the above, but my screen is blank:

• Hi Brent - From your screenshot you are NOT logging in as MAINMSO. It's possible even with your enhanced permissions as your Brent@domain account does not have the full rights you need. Being a master sec officer and having full root access are two separate functions. Generally you should not need to ever log in as MAINMSO, but setup/configuration is one of those times!

Log out as that user and back in as MAINMSO. I trust your predecessors left you the password for this account? :) 

• I am searching documentation, but so far, unfortunately, no. very frustrating.
    we have a MSO_Admin id (but not in AD)

tried to login as MSO Admin and says needs certs.

because I have master office permissions (apparently), I was able to export cert for MSO_Admin. then when I login as MSO_Admin and it prompts for the certs, I point to them and it lets me log in.  However, even logged in as MSOO_Admin, I still get the "blank screen area" when I click the main domain (users and computers) and on the right select "access".

I really wish there were training available for this stuff. :(

• I am searching documentation, but so far, unfortunately, no. very frustrating.
    we have a MSO_Admin id (but not in AD)

tried to login as MSO Admin and says needs certs.

because I have master office permissions (apparently), I was able to export cert for MSO_Admin. then when I login as MSO_Admin and it prompts for the certs, I point to them and it lets me log in.  However, even logged in as MSOO_Admin, I still get the "blank screen area" when I click the main domain (users and computers) and on the right select "access".

I really wish there were training available for this stuff. :(

Children
  • Hi Brent,

not sure if there is just a small misunderstanding here.

If you´re logged on with MSO rights, chose your container (e.g. the domain) and click on that access tab, it is (by default) blank. 
    You then drag and drop the SOs from the officers tab on the right to the access tab in the middle. 

Then you can decide what level of access this particular officer should have.

Cheers

F.