This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos blocks Secure removable storage devices

Hello,

i have a question about the "Secure removable storage devices".

In the Sophos Endpoint Security manual are listed a lot of Secure removable storage devices. We bought some of this devices.

I didnt understand how sophos works with this secure devices.

If i plug in a "Secure removable storage devices" the device is blocked by sophos. Of course i can exclude this device but i thought that a "Secure removable storage devices" will be detected as an "secure" device and automatically will be unblocked. Was this a misunderstanding? Is it still necessary to exclude this device in the guideline?

We use Sophos Endpoint Security 10.0 and Sophos Enterprise Console 5.1.0

Greeting

Steffen

:46885

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Christian,

yes thats correct, we are talking about the Device Control in Endpoint managed by SEC.

We have a DC enabled and set optical drives and removable storage to "block". The secure removable storage is set to "full access".

if i plug in the secure removable device the device is blocked, in the device control events on the SEC i see this information:

Modell: Verbatim Secure Data USB USB Device

Typ: removable storage

The verbatim secure 'n' go is listed in the supported devices.

We have a Verbatim secure'n'Go Secure Data USB Drive 4GB

In the list is it a Verbatim secure'n'Go Micro 8GB

Maybe thats the Problem? Is it necessary to have excatly the same usb stick (same size, same version) because we thought that a verbatim secure'n'go is enough be we dont have the micro 8gb version.

Thanks and greeting

Steffen

:46893
  • Hi Christian,

yes thats correct, we are talking about the Device Control in Endpoint managed by SEC.

We have a DC enabled and set optical drives and removable storage to "block". The secure removable storage is set to "full access".

if i plug in the secure removable device the device is blocked, in the device control events on the SEC i see this information:

Modell: Verbatim Secure Data USB USB Device

Typ: removable storage

The verbatim secure 'n' go is listed in the supported devices.

We have a Verbatim secure'n'Go Secure Data USB Drive 4GB

In the list is it a Verbatim secure'n'Go Micro 8GB

Maybe thats the Problem? Is it necessary to have excatly the same usb stick (same size, same version) because we thought that a verbatim secure'n'go is enough be we dont have the micro 8gb version.

Thanks and greeting

Steffen

:46893
Children
No Data