Is anyone else experiencing issues registering APX devices with with Sophos Central Wireless at the moment?
As per the Sophos guidance, I have disabled Wireless Protection within my local Sophos XG network (APs show as "Pending").
As a test, I have deleted a device from Sophos Wireless - then tried to re-register it.
When trying to register an APX 530 on Sophos Central it shows the below error
This is a duplicate.
Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,
New Vision GmbH, GermanySophos Silver-Partner
If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.
Thank you for reaching out to Sophos Community.
Have you tried to follow the following KB for troubleshooting access point
Also, "As a test, I have deleted a device from Sophos Wireless - then tried to re-register it."
Kindly check the FW rule and if the access point has a DHCP lease and can reach outside the network
Erick JanCommunity Support Engineer | Sophos Technical SupportSophos Support Videos | Product Documentation | @SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS AlertsIf a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
Thanks for the quick reply Erick. I have an overide policy for the two APX devices to allow all traffic externally. I've also confirmed that the Wireless Protection service is disabled on the XG, and I can see traffic from both devices attempting to contact https://wifi.cloud.sophos.com + DNS and NTP entries.
I'm not able to register the APXs, including one I removed, and trying to re-register as a test.
To verify, Are the AP's configured on the Sophos Firewall before trying to set it up on Central?
nevertheless, can you try to follow the following link and update us? Thanks
AP cannot connect to Sophos Central Wireless
Thanks, I have added, then removed the APXs from Sophos XG management as per that article. I'm afraid they are still timing out attempting registration to Sophos Wireless.
One of the APs was previously registered with Sophos Wireless earlier today. I deleted it, then attempted to re-register it to test if there is an issue with re-registering devices with Sophos Wireless.
Grateful if perhaps you could test this at Sophos too?
1) Delete a known-good APX from Sophos Wireless
2) Factory reset the APX
3) Register the APX back into Sophos Wireless
1. connect the access point to Sophos FirewallThe access point must be reconnected to a Sophos UTM/XG firewall.
2. Set up access pointAdd the access point under the firewall as a new device as if you really want to use it. If necessary, the firmware on the AP is reinstalled and then the configuration is loaded. It could therefore take a little longer. After about 1-5 minutes, the AP should be displayed as ‘Active‘.
3. Delete access point from firewallRemove the configuration of the access point on the firewall and wait until it is listed under ‘Pending Access Point‘ again. (Do not disconnect the physical connection).
4. Delete access point from pendingAs soon as the AP is listed under the “Pending Access Point” again, it must also be manually deleted here. After that, you can disconnect the cable from the AP.
5. Add an access point to Sophos Central
Will try to recreate your case concerning deleting the APX on Central and re-registering.
Thanks again for your help so far.
I can confirm I have tried the steps above and still unable to register the APX devices.
...looking forward to hearing how you get on with the test scenario.
Same problem, i register Firewall, Switches not problem at all. But not working with APs. and tried 4 APX-530!!!
I think there may be a wider issue of being unable to register AP/APXs with Sophos Central at present. Sophos Support looks to be investigating, and other people may be experiencing the same. I suggest raising a support ticket.
See my post here: community.sophos.com/.../518097