This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG125w broken after 9.714-4 update :(

After installing 9.714-4 update the CPU on my little firewall runs at 95 to 99% 100% of the time. All I have running on it is IPS, and VPN. All the other services which I don't use but were subscribed have been turned off. Previously the last UTM update the CPU was running at normal levels.

I get this error : 

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /wfe/asg/modules/reporting/accounting.pm line 62 

And after doing a good search I found:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /wfe/asg/modules/reporting/accounting.pm line 624 

But the problem is the rrd folder is missing from reporting and I don't know what permissions to give it. 

I am also having a problem with the logs. They don't seem to be recording after I cleaned them up. 

I also applied this KB to my SG125W as per to IPS:

https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034850?language=en_US

Here is my TOP info:

Here is is what my dashboard looks like currently:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • And I forgot to mention, yes I have rebooted the firewall. Slight smile

• I wonder if grabbing a backup, then reset the firewall to default, then a restore would solve your permissions problem for the log file issue?  Might also solve your CPU usage.  I noticed in 9.714 a very long delay in doing anything in the interface (software appliance, not a hardware one). 

I still believe it was my HDD getting ready to fail, but there's a lot of coincidence there too.  At any rate, trying XG out and replaced the HDD with an SSD. 

And why are you not using any of the firewall capabilities?  Seems like a waste.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• The last backup I have is from a week ago on the previous FW. I got the rrdcache working but when I got the network usage log I get the same error. Looks like I will have to try to reboot the firewall tonight to see if anything changes. 

• Hello there,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

Usually, the error indicates some sort of corruption in the database, are you a home user or you have a valid support license?

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • I am a business cusomter with a valid license. 

I am just not sure how to open a support case with you folks, sorry when I typical switch to the Sys Admin role at a company they already have people managing their network security security, in this case I am all of the above. lol

• Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the follow-up.

Take a look at this KB on how to register to the Support Portal and how to open a case.

If you have any issues with the registration, feel free to call our Customer Care team so they can assist you.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
  • Hi  

Getting a support case created is going to take a while now. Disappointed

No fault of Sophos, but our MSP the original one before they were bought might have acquired the firewall from a company named "By Myself Transport" which they sold us from another company, and instead of transferring the ownership they kept this other companies portal access and continued to populate with our new updated licensing. WHAT an F'n mess. lol

So I am on the war path with the new MSP the one who bought the old MSP to get to the bottom of this mess, but in the meantime if there is anything that I can do or try can you let me know here!? 

Thanks,

• I am starting to see graph data appear in the logs, but the network usage logs still error out with the same error "Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /wfe/asg/modules/reporting/accounting.pm line 624."

Under Network protection I see firewall violations like before, and IPS just like before shows nothing though I have IPS enabled. 

Under remote access I see data for L2TP, the other are blank but I don't use them; its too bad the others can't be made to not appear if they aren't enabled...that's just a polishing thing. 

Under hardware, CPU usage shows 98.80% max, 92.08% min, 93.68% avg. Ram is 26.71% max, 20.82% min, and 21.87% avg and there is partition info too. Still not sure why the CPU is so high. 

• I also wonder if a Postgres database rebuild would help.

/etc/init.d/postgresql rebuild

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Hello Andrew,

I can open a case on your behalf if you would like, feel free to send me a DM as I would need some info from you.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)