This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG125w broken after 9.714-4 update :(

After installing 9.714-4 update the CPU on my little firewall runs at 95 to 99% 100% of the time. All I have running on it is IPS, and VPN. All the other services which I don't use but were subscribed have been turned off. Previously the last UTM update the CPU was running at normal levels.

I get this error : 

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /wfe/asg/modules/reporting/accounting.pm line 62 

And after doing a good search I found:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /wfe/asg/modules/reporting/accounting.pm line 624 

But the problem is the rrd folder is missing from reporting and I don't know what permissions to give it. 

I am also having a problem with the logs. They don't seem to be recording after I cleaned them up. 

I also applied this KB to my SG125W as per to IPS:

https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034850?language=en_US

Here is my TOP info:

Here is is what my dashboard looks like currently:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • And I forgot to mention, yes I have rebooted the firewall. Slight smile

• I wonder if grabbing a backup, then reset the firewall to default, then a restore would solve your permissions problem for the log file issue?  Might also solve your CPU usage.  I noticed in 9.714 a very long delay in doing anything in the interface (software appliance, not a hardware one). 

I still believe it was my HDD getting ready to fail, but there's a lot of coincidence there too.  At any rate, trying XG out and replaced the HDD with an SSD. 

And why are you not using any of the firewall capabilities?  Seems like a waste.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• The last backup I have is from a week ago on the previous FW. I got the rrdcache working but when I got the network usage log I get the same error. Looks like I will have to try to reboot the firewall tonight to see if anything changes. 

Reply Children
No Data